This course runs alongside the Urban Arabic Beginner course using the vocabulary and grammar provided in class (Beginner - Intensive / Beginner - High). At this stage of language learning students often feel shy about speaking, or do not have sufficient opportunities to use Arabic in daily life due to their limited knowledge of the language.
This course serves several purposes: it aids recall of new vocabulary and grammar; and offers the opportunity to practice speaking in a comfortable environment where students learn by trial and error. Activities include discussions in small groups, listening to songs, and playing games that aid memorization of grammar and vocabulary. This course improves listening comprehension skills and increases confidence and accuracy when speaking. On completion of this course students will have:
- Increased recall of all the vocabulary from the beginner level (ART method).
- A wider vocabulary as extra words and phrases are provided in class.
- Developed listening comprehension skills from listening to simple songs e.g. children’s songs.
- Improved reading skills from additional texts provided in class e.g. simple stories in Urban Arabic.
- Learned how to construct and translate sentences of increased complexity.
- Improved ability to conjugate present tense verbs, mood-markers, and pseudo-verbs.
This course is run at a regular pace or through private tuition and comprises in total 30 teaching hours.