Every student at Saifi is required to try his or her best and take a serious approach to learning Arabic both in and outside the class. For this reason, attendance, participation, homework and ability are graded and a final grade is issued to each student after each term. Learners receiving a failing grade will need to retake their course in order to receive a certificate or advance to the next level.
Grades are calculated according to the following scheme:
Attendance, participation & homework (APH).
|Final Term Exam||40%|
Letter grades are issued according to the following system to all students who have taken the Final Term exam for their course:
Attendance & Participation
- Students are required to attend and participate in class. Participation means being an engaged student: asking and answering questions, not simply attending class.
- The use of cell phones and audio players is prohibited during class. If you must take a phone call, please leave the classroom immediately and do not return until you have ended the phone call.
- The use of a laptop computer is permitted during class only for the purpose of taking notes. Use of a laptop for other activities will result in a minus grade for attendance & participation on that day.
- Reading and writing assignments must be completed before class.
- You are responsible for the material in all assignments, in case of absence.
- Failure to submit the homework assignments will decrease the student's overall homework grade.