This is the final level in our Formal Arabic program which continues using the Al-Kitaab book series. At this stage, students will be proficient in Formal Arabic with a superior knowledge of grammar. This course helps students refine their listening, reading, writing, and speaking skills; and builds a deep knowledge of Arabic culture, history and literature. On completion of this level students are able to:
- Give presentations and engage in discussions on complex and technical topics.
- Read advanced texts out loud applying the correct diacritical marks (3araab).
- Write lengthy texts using sophisticated grammar and a wide vocabulary.
- Understand and apply verb root derivation to all words and verb forms.
- Substitute words with their synonyms or antonyms.
- Summarize paragraphs or audio-visual media using nuanced vocabulary.
- Use Arabic expressions in both formal speech and everyday conversation.
- Understand the main idea of a presentation or discussion in Formal or Urban Arabic without requiring context.