This is the first step in the Saifi Urban Arabic program and includes the basics necessary to get around in Lebanon. The material covered in this course includes:
- Greetings, farewells, please and thank you, and introducing yourself.
- Places, activities, and travel directions
- Simple numbers and telling the time
- Adverbs of place
- Basic foodstuffs and objects
- The nominal and verbal sentence
- Pseudo-verbs and mood-markers
- The simple present tense
- Derived adjectives
We recommend students also take the conversation class that runs alongside this course.