This is the first level in our Formal Arabic program that teaches students how to read and write in the Arabic script and the fundamentals of grammar using Book 1 of the Al-Kitaab series. Students learn how to structure nominal and verbal sentences, gender and numbers in noun and verb conjugations, derived adjectives, ordinal numbers, determiners, interrogatives, the present tense, the definite article, the genitive construct, pronouns, gerunds, adverbs, how to express negation, the superlative, and conditional sentences. On completion of this level students will have learned:
- How to read and comprehend simple texts and understand the main idea from the context.
- How to write short paragraphs or essays to describe themselves and their environment.
- Nominal and verbal sentence construction.
- Details of Arab culture in everyday life.
- Some basic verbs in the present tense.
- Basic nouns and how to conjugate them according to gender and number.
- How to count and use ordinal numbers.
- The grammar of using adverbs, adjectives, the superlative, conditional and negation.