This course is specifically designed to develop listening comprehension to the level of an educated native listener in both Formal and Urban Arabic. After completing this course students will have:
- The ability to understand a conversation spoken at speed in Urban or Formal Arabic.
- Increased knowledge of cultural expressions/idioms and how to use them in everyday life.
- Deeper understanding of social issues and social norms in the Arab world.
- Knowledge of the way ideas are expressed in colloquial speech.
- Greater appreciation of Lebanese culture.
- Some broader knowledge of colloquialisms from other dialects such as Egyptian.
This course is run at a regular pace or through private tuition. It requires in total 60 study hours (30 hours of tuition and 30 hours of homework).