This course is specifically designed to develop listening comprehension in both Formal and Urban Arabic. After completing this course students will have:
- The ability to understand a conversation spoken at speed in Urban or Formal Arabic
- Increased knowledge of cultural expressions/idioms and how to use them in everyday life
- Deeper understanding of social issues and social norms in the Arab world
- Knowledge of the way that ideas are expressed in colloquial speech
- Greater appreciation of Lebanese culture
- Some broader knowledge of colloquialisms from other dialects such as Egyptian
This course is run at a regular pace or through private instruction. It requires a total of 60 study hours (30 hours of tuition and 30 hours of homework).