This course teaches advanced media translation skills using both written and audio-visual material. It increases students’ familiarity with the vocabulary and patterns of expression commonly used by the media in the Middle East. After completing this course students will:
- Possess advanced media translation skills
- Have increased speed in eliciting the main ideas and sub ideas in a news article on a familiar topic
- Understand formal texts that use new vocabulary
- Understand verbal news reports in Formal Arabic
- Understand public speeches in Formal and Urban Arabic
- Switch easily between Formal and Urban Arabic when speaking on sophisticated topics
This course is run at a regular pace or through private tuition. It requires in total 60 study hours (30 hours of tuition and 30 hours of homework).